Do I need insurance?

Club Rides – Club runs are peer group rides the Lakes Road Club does not provide Third Party Insurance.  We would suggest that you all riders have their own Third Party liability Insurance.  This can be obtained through British Cycling, CTC or alternatively please check your own existing policies such as household or motor to see if you are covered.

Racing - To compete in Road and Track racing events you must have a licence and therefore be a member of British Cycling, which carries their own third party insurance cover.  To compete in League of veteran racing Cyclists events you must be a member of the LVRC, which again carries their own insurance.

Time Trials – To compete in Club and Open events you must be a member of a club affiliated to Cycling Time Trials.(CTT). The Lakes Road Club is affiliated to CTT. This means that as a club member you will be covered by the CTT Insurance.

Did this answer your question?